Fuel Exhaust Finishes - Ceramic Black
Posted in Fuel News
As British manufacturers of high quality motorcycle exhausts, we are aware that many customers research our products in detail before placing an order.
We have a variety of different motorcycle exhaust body options and this blog will cover the details of CERAMIC BLACK. Read on to learn more...
Our ceramic black motorcycle exhaust bodies are the very same 304 grade brushed stainless tubes which are regularly sent to the UK's leading ceramic coating company for them to work their magic. Since introducing the ceramic black exhaust option in November 2018, it has fast become one of our bestselling finishes. The black ceramic exhausts look at home on so many different motorcycle models but moreso on the newer motorbikes from around 2011 onwards.
Developed to prevent heat loss from your motorcycle exhaust and to protect surrounding components, ceramic coating is a thermal barrier which is expertly applied via a polymer application. This process is undertaken after the exhaust tube has undergone a surface preparation process. The thermally stable polymer ceramic coating can reduce temperatures by up to 15%, which significantly reduces engine bay temperature and helps to keep intake air cooler.
Ceramic coatings benefits include:
· Increased engine power
· Lower exhaust temperatures
· Protection for thermally sensitive components
· Rapid cooling qualities
· Improved Looks
· Better resistance to the elements
· Gases allowed to flow better through exhaust system
· Protection from rust
The ceramic black exhaust body is smooth and of matt appearance. Highly popular and very inkeeping with today's motorcycle designs.
Aftercare of ceramic coated exhausts is the same process as recommended for all our metal exhaust finishes...
- Wipe over the surface using a clean cloth damped with warm soapy water and remove any road film.
- Using another clean cloth, dab some white spirit / evaporating thinners onto the cloth and wipe over the exhaust again. Ensure you do not touch the Fuel label at any point or the colours on the logo will smear due to the chemicals in the thinners.
This is the easiest and best way to clean your exhaust.
Our ceramic black exhaust options start from £204.99.
Find out more about our other motorcycle exhaust finishes in these blogs...
Fuel Exhaust Finishes - Brushed Stainless
Fuel Exhaust Finishes - Carbon Fibre
Fuel Exhaust Finishes - Titanium
Take a look to see if we manufacture exhausts for your motorcycle model here.